THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Looking to kick-start your career in arts journalism? London Calling are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support the running of our cultural recommendations website LondonCalling.com.
We operate a rolling three-month internship programme for graduates and those looking to move into arts journalism or publicity.
The successful applicant will help to run the websites on a day-to-day basis, ensuring their look, feel and content are perfect for our readers. This will involve:
• Working extensively with the CMS system to create and manage online content.
• Writing and uploading articles, interviews and features.
• Interacting with PR agencies and in-house press departments to secure the best and most exciting opportunities available.
• Attending press events, visiting venues and conducting interviews to create great content for the website.
• Working on additional short-term projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate
• Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Have an interest in the arts and cultural industries
• Have an interest in writing and journalism (to include editing, proofing and copy writing)
• Be confident with computers with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Have a good knowledge of London, Brighton, Bristol or Oxford
• Have a background in online journalism, whether this be on a blog or other cultural sites
• Have experience of content management systems
• Have experience of other forms of digital content creation, such as video or podcasts.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and short cover letter along with a sample of your written work to Helen Dalton, Marketing Manager on Helen@LondonCalling.com.
The Editorial Internship lasts for three months. However we will be accepting applications continually and will keep your application on file until the next time we are recruiting.
This internship is paid at the London Living Wage.