** This Position has now been filled **
Culture Calling Sales & New Business Manager
Our sister company Culture Calling are recruiting for a Sales & New Business Manager, based in the London Calling office in Dalston.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be an important part in the growth of a dynamic arts and culture marketing company. The role is focused on sales and bringing in new business for Culture Calling, building on our well established, existing client base.
We are looking for someone who has flair and energy, and someone who is focused, tenacious and confident when dealing with people (mostly new and potential clients). Sales and marketing experience in a commercial environment is important, as is having a flexible and innovative approach to work.
This post is part of a small team that will work alongside our sales, operations and marketing teams as well as London Calling.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and potential clients
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and create a number of contacts to be made
- Follow up on new leads and referrals which have been acquired through research activity
- Identify new sales prospects in conjunction with other staff and contact these and other accounts as assigned
- Develop and maintain the sales data systems with new and potential clients
- To liaise with other staff at Culture Calling and ensure the smooth handover of clients to our client services team
- Manage service offerings through quality checks and follow-ups
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity and research to appropriate company staff
- Assist with and contribute to new and continuing marketing initiatives
- Represent the company at relevant meetings and events
- Inspire, supervise and manage any part-time sales staff
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong sales or sales related skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques as well as marketing approaches
- Ability and intelligence to quickly learn about our business, our market and our products
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good strategic sense and the ability to be a pro-active member of the team developing sales and marketing initiatives.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of databases or the ability to develop this quickly
- Energy, ambition and ability to get things done
- Ability to write focused and succinct written communications
- Some management and supervisory experience, or willingness to learn this in the position
The post will be incentivised with a basic wage of between £22,000 and £27,000 dependent on experience and a monthly commission being paid on the basis of meeting and exceeding agreed targets.
The work will require some travel and the occasional overnight stay as well as some evening and weekend work.
To apply please provide a short CV along with a covering letter (maximum 500 words) on what makes you a strong candidate for this post, and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 15th April.
For further information see our B2B sites: